Baby Names have become so creative in the past few years. There are many baby girl names for 2023 that match current pop culture, and many traditional names are coming back into style as well. There are so many interesting choices.
Naming your baby girl is one of the best parts of pregnancy and when I was pregnant with my three I always loved going through baby name lists.
So we have created one for you! Below is a list of fun names for you to go through. Maybe one will be the perfect match for you and your baby girl!
**Want Freebies For You And Your Baby? Get $330 Worth Of Gear! I have partnered with many companies to give you the best baby freebies online including Nursing Pillow, Pregnancy Pillows, Nursing Covers, Baby Leggings, Baby Clothes and so much more. You can find out how to get your freebies in this post right here.
This post may contain affiliate links at no cost to you.
Girl Names For 2023 That You’ll Love
Pin It On Pinterest For Later!
There are some really nice freebies for you near the bottom of this too. Be sure to check that out. I’m giving away 6 versions of my rainbow pregnancy journal as well as milestone cards and more!
- Madelyn- Madeline is a feminine name of Greek origin, a modern version of Magdalene, meaning from the city of Magdala.
- Makayla- Makayla is a girl’s name of Hebrew origin meaning the one that resembles God.
- Khloe- From the Greek Khloe meaning “green shoot on a plant or flower” and taken to mean “blooming”. In Greek mythology, Chloe was another name given to Demeter, the goddess of Agriculture.
Other baby names lists:
- 31 Whimsical Names For Your Little Princess
- The 16 Coolest Bohemian Names Ever
- Nature-Inspired Names You’ll Love
- 22 Viking Names You’ll Love
- Rainbow Baby Names
- Trending Names Right Now
- First and Middle Name Combos For Girls
- Queenly names For Your Little Girl
- Linnett- Linnett is a girl’s name of Welsh derivation, and the meaning of the name Linett is nymph; idol. Linett is an alternate form of Lynette.
- Cheyenne-Cheyenne is a really cool name. It’s both a boy’s name and a girl’s name of Sioux origin meaning “people of a different language”. The name of a courageous tribe, Cheyenne became quite popular in the 1990s, inspiring a wide range of spelling variations—Shyanne is one example that’s still on the rise.
- Genevieve- It’s a French girl’s name that means “of the race of women,” and it comes from the medieval Germanic name Genovefa, or Kenowefa.
- Poppy- Poppy is a feminine name of Latin and Old English origin. It refers to a type of flower known for its bright, delicate petals. While it’s beautiful to look at, poppies are also rich with symbolism, representing sleep, peace, and death.
- Olinda- This is a Spanish meaning Protector
- Olivia- Of Latin origin referring to the Olive Tree. Also may have a Celtic meaning of Elf Warrior, which we love…The masculine version is Oliver.
- Isla– This name is of Spanish origin, meaning the Island. It also has Scottish Origins meaning the same thing.
- Cora- Cora is a given name, most commonly derived from the Ancient Greek Kore, an epithet of the Greek goddess Persephone. It means just, honest, virtuous, or good.
- Charlotte- Charlotte is the female form of the male name Charlot, and also Charles. It is of French origin meaning free man and petite. The name dates back to at least the 14th century.
- Linnett- This name has Welsh origins and means lake or idol.
- Zooey- The name Zooey is both a boy’s name and a girl’s name of Greek origin meaning life.
- Winter- The name Winter means just what you think. Origin: British. Meaning: winter. It’s a pretty and interesting choice.
- Willa- Willa Means will or desire and it’s Germanic in origin. Willa is a girl that has increased in popularity over the years, making it into the top 500 feminine given names in 2022.
- Whitley- Whitley is a gender-neutral baby name of British origin, and it means white meadows.
- Bella- Bella simply means Girl. It is Latin and Italian in origin. Bella is a short form for Isabella, which is the Italian form of Isabel. Also from the Italian word for Bella, meaning beautiful.
- Lilly- Lily is an English name used in reference to the popular white, showy flower. It signifies purity and innocence.
- Aria- Aria means song and melody in Italian. Its translation is “air,” and it is a musical term that refers to a vocal solo usually found within a larger piece of music, generally an opera.
- Violet- Violet is an English name of Latin origin that means purple. Violet is derived from viola, which means purple in Latin.
- Kennedy- The name Kennedy is of Irish and Scottish origin and means the chief. Kennedy has become quite a popular unisex name across America.
- Abella- Abella means vapor; breath. Flowing forth like a sweet exhalation, Abella is a breezy, feminine name of primarily Hebrew origin. Abella is a variation of its common European spelling, Abel.
- Madison- The name Madison was originally an English surname, derived from a non-standard spelling of Mathieson. Madison means the son of Mathew.
- Amelia- Amelia is a female name. It is an English-language variant of Amalia, derived from the Germanic word amal meaning to work. Other forms include Amy, Emma, Milly, and Mel.
- Savannah- Savannah means treeless plain. Savannah is a girl’s name with Spanish origins. The name Savannah means “treeless plain” and is also the name of a coastal city in Georgia.
- Ava- Ava is of unclear origins but it is hypothesized to possibly be German, Latin, Persian, and/or Hebrew. The name is known to mean birdlike and lively.
- Aurora– This name is of Latin origins and it comes from the word aurora, meaning the dawn, after the Roman goddess of the dawn. The Aurora Borealis is a spectacular natural light display in the Arctic, also known as the Northern Lights. Aurora is also the name of one of our favorite modern Norwegian Singers Aurora Aksnes.
- Maia- This name is Greek in Origin and means great and mother.
- Isabella- Isabella translates to God is my Oath. Isabella and Elizabeth have been interchanged in England since the 13th century. Its origins are Isabella is Spanish and Italian.
- Abriana-The name Abriana is a girl’s name with Hebrew origins. It also has Italian origin meaning father of multitudes. It’s quite popular in Italy.
- Acacia-The pretty name Acacia is a girl’s name of Greek origin, meaning thorny.
- Adaila-This name has a meaning similar to several others on the list and has religious roots. The name is Hebrew meaning God is my refuge. It also means noble one is German culture.
- Azalea-The name Azalea is primarily a female name of Greek origin that means dry, and it’s also the name or the pretty flowering shrub so common in the United States.
- Paisley-This is an interesting name of Scottish Origin, meaning a patterned fabric. Paisley is a gender-neutral name but is most often used for girls.
There are so many interesting names to pick from these days. The choices really are endless.
We hope you found some names that you like on our list of baby girl names for 2023.
Pin It On Pinterest For Later!