Instant pot recipes are all the rage right now. They make delicious and quick recipes in minimal time.
We love Chicken Fajita Soup at our house so we tried a recipe in our new instant pot and I gotta say, it was the best!
If you have an instant post and love soup you have to try it. I have the recipe for you below!
By the way, this post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This helps me keep my blog up and running and I only list products that I love and have used myself. Thank you for your support!
Tasty Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
Pin It On Pinterest For Later!
If you don’t happen to have one yet and you’re looking at the recipes available that you can make with one, you should check this one out. It is top-rated with five stars available on Amazon.
This Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup is very easy to put together and is packed full of delicious flavors.
A warm bowl of fajita soup can be enjoyed plain, with a yummy garnish or even add some scoops. Your family will definitely ask for seconds.
Chicken Fajita Soup
Prep time: 15 minutes
Active cook time: 15 minutes (+ time to come to pressure and 10 min. natural release)
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium Poblano pepper, seeded and chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 14-oz. can diced fire-roasted tomatoes, with liquid
- 3 c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- 2 t. ground cumin
- 1 T. chili powder
- 2 t. Mexican oregano, dried
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 large avocados, sliced
- 3 T. red onion, chopped
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
Other Recipes You May Like:
- Instant Pot Peruvian Chicken Soup
- 11 Quick Breakfast Casseroles That Will Thrill Your Taste buds
- Pumpkin Spice Irish Coffee Recipe For the Holidays
- The 10 Best Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipes You’ll Ever Try
- How To Make Creative Homemade Hot Chocolate For Wonderful Winter Fun!
- Funfetti Cookies For Birthdays Or Any time
- Strawberry Trifle Recipe
- Add olive oil to your Instant Pot and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add red onion, bell peppers, and Poblano pepper. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring continually, until the onion and peppers are crisp-tender and develop a bit of color, approximately 4-5 minutes. Switch unit to “off” and transfer veggies to a bowl. Set aside.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place chicken in Instant Pot®, along with tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, Mexican oregano, and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 10 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and shred chicken breasts with two forks. Add sautéed veggies, black beans and lime juice. Stir to combine and taste. Adjust seasonings as desired.
- Allow soup to sit on “Warm” setting for several minutes until the veggies and beans are heated through. Serve immediately topped with sliced avocados, red onion, Mexican cheese, and fresh cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
If you loved this recipe you can share it or save it on Pinterest with the images below!
Save It On Pinterest For Later!